Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

iPhone to cd changer converter

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
mightymetro

iPhone to cd changer converter

Post by mightymetro » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:10 am

Hello everyone, not been on for a while since my 4.6is collapsed it's cam chain guides and emptied my bank.....but I'm back with a hopefully more sensible 3.0 sport facelift.

My question is, I currently have the factored sat nav but no dsp.  I would like to play music through the standard set up and have looked at various options.  Has anyone used one of the connect2 or soundplicity units to use the cd changer input?  The reason I would like to us this is so I can control track and volume through the head unit and steering controls.  However the downside seems to be that they all come with 30pin adaptors rather than the lightning connectors.  I guess I can always use an adapter?  Anyone any experience with the above units?

Thank you

Upex

Re: iPhone to cd changer converter

Post by Upex » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:27 am

I have a factory installed 30 pin in my Lexus, and that will not convert to using a lightening, or usb c, or micro usb, regards of what adapters I've tried.

Know it's a different car and set up, but, I've tried everything and wouldn't be surprisesed if it's equally as hard in other configurations.

Good luck
2005 (55 plate) x5 3.0d sport, auto trans, nav tv thingy, but no dsp.

Under a turbo swap presently (fingers crossed it fixes her!)