Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Intravee issues

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Stevejspm

Intravee issues

Post by Stevejspm » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi all,

Haven't been on for a while, been on holiday & then moving house, it's been a full on past few weeks!

Anyway I found a window this evening to fit the Intravee, one major issue.......

The screen keeps flickering & reverting back to radio/ sat nav or whatever the last source I had the main unit on. The music continues to play & is not affected.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Looking at the error log it says "poll expected but not seen". It also says there is no iPod. I've tried re- booting the Intravee but it's still the same.

Maybe one for Sanj........?!

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: New 2 bmw

Post by Sanj » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Not really, any if em will be able to help but first port of call, what do you have, full screen or flip over head unit? If screen, make sure IV2 is set to UI6 (the correct display option for full screen).
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

Stevejspm

Re: Intravee issues

Post by Stevejspm » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:19 pm

I sold the Andrive Sanj & bought 'Barbies' Intravee. I put the old full screen unit back in (it's the same as yours minus the flashy glass front ;-))

What are these settings you've mentioned & how do I check/change them?

psychosis

Post by psychosis » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:51 pm

Above the volume know is a button with 'MODE' and an image - press the image to stop it flicking back.
2004 E53 X5 4.4i Sport

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:54 am

Yep psychosis is correct you press mode :-)
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

Stevejspm

Post by Stevejspm » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:42 pm

Thanks all, working perfect now :-)

One other question.......

My iPod nano (4th Gen I think) isn't supported by Intravee charging ( I know I need to get the charging adaptor from Intravee) but will the IPod power down if left plugged in the car? I just wouldn't want flat battery issues!

Thanks again  :)

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Check this out http://forum.bmw5.co.uk/topic/75564-kca ... ntry783243

I remember the calendar feature to wake up the ipod from hibernation. Try that and let us know how you get on :-)
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

Stevejspm

Post by Stevejspm » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:59 pm

Thanks Barbie, I took a look at the link & I'm even more confused  :blink:

I've pm'd Sanj regarding the iPod wake up to see what he's done with his setup.  I know there's a charger adapter available that will charge the iPod whilst plugged into the Alpine, would this keep the IPod awake do you think?

Sorry if I'm being a bit of a 'div' but I'm totally new to Intravee.

Thanks all of you for your help so far.

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:28 pm

Errr RichardP on here is your man for that info.  Sanj changed his head unit a while back but he will most probably know.  All hail Sanj :-) I didn't bother buying a cable etc as mine just lived in the boot/trunk.  I'm sure well get a solution between us
MODS

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: New 2 bmw

Post by Sanj » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:44 pm

PM'd him a reply.
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds