Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sytner Oldbury?

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Sytner Oldbury?

Post by CondorX5 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:53 pm

Anyone have any opinions as to whether they are a reasonable dealer option?  I would go to Sytner Sutton Coldfield except its more than an hour across the other side of BHM - i will do if there is good reason to avoid Oldbury however!  Raj, what do you think - any experience with Oldbury?
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Sytner Oldbury?

Post by Raj » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:17 pm

[quote="CondorX5"]
Anyone have any opinions as to whether they are a reasonable dealer option?  I would go to Sytner Sutton Coldfield except its more than an hour across the other side of BHM - i will do if there is good reason to avoid Oldbury however!  Raj, what do you think - any experience with Oldbury?
[/quote]

Tbh I haven't any experience of Sytner Oldbury other than buying a part off them once.

Sorry can't help but I'm guessing they can't be that bad.

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:22 pm

Well no worse than many other main dealers I would think - on the whole, BMW have been a better experience than other main dealers for me.  Might give Oldbury a try as they are much easier to access being on this side of Birmingham, Sutton is over an hour from here with the traffic.

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

max

Post by max » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:16 pm

Dont expect anything fantastic is what I would say.
I recently had a service done on our X at Oldbury and chose some extra bits to be done over the standard service - fuel filter, air filter and vortex. After agreeing price at the booking, I was somewhat suprised to receive a call half way through the service to say they can't complete the job for the price we agreed  >:( jokers, apparently they underquoted me, even though the quote was checked with the service manager at booking. Eventually the additional c.£45 charge was brought down to about £10 after a few harsh words but a 'better' dealer should have written the £10 off - this however is reflective of the service experience I have experienced at Oldbury and Birmingham previously - its all about the profit and loss for Sytner. The only one in the Midlands that's seems to get positive reviews is the Sutton Branch, but that's only from what I have read/seen on line - no personal experience. Rybrook Shresbury seems to get positive review on the M forums but obviously further away.

If you are going to use Oldbury, speak to Pete (on service), he seems to be the only one with any enthusiasm about what they do and in fairness did allow me to supply my own oil.

ianmaney

Post by ianmaney » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:57 am

Pete is the best one on the service desk but if your looking to buy a car ask for Mark Williams, he's a down to earth, wont rip you off kind of lad and i would always buy from him
Current Cars:

X5 06 3.0d Sport (His)
1 Series 116 SE (Hers)

Current Bikes:

GSX-R1000k6 (His)
2010 Suzuki Gladius (Hers)

briankerrys47

Post by briankerrys47 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 am

[quote="ianmaney"]
Pete is the best one on the service desk but if your looking to buy a car ask for Mark Williams, he's a down to earth, wont rip you off kind of lad and i would always buy from him
[/quote]Is 'Oldbury' still on the Planet used to live there! Lol

ianmaney

Post by ianmaney » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:29 am

Unfortunately yes ! lol
Current Cars:

X5 06 3.0d Sport (His)
1 Series 116 SE (Hers)

Current Bikes:

GSX-R1000k6 (His)

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:38 pm

[quote="briankerrys47"]
[quote="ianmaney"]
[/quote]Is 'Oldbury' still on the Planet used to live there! Lol
[/quote]

Lol it's not that bad…but then I don't live there lol

ianmaney

Post by ianmaney » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:57 am

I live in Quinton, just outside Oldbury, but yes, some of it is that bad !!! lol
Current Cars:

X5 06 3.0d Sport (His)
1 Series 116 SE (Hers)

Current Bikes:

GSX-R1000k6 (His)

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Oh its not that bad

briankerrys47

Post by briankerrys47 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:13 am

[quote="ianmaney"]
I live in Quinton, just outside Oldbury, but yes, some of it is that bad !!! lol
[/quote]Quinton 'just' outside 4-6 miles? Well far enough tho,just to be in the 'White Collar' brigade area when I was there 50years back :o  :)) :))