Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Mechanics

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
centurion

Mechanics

Post by centurion » Thu May 18, 2017 12:45 am

Could anyone recommend a decent garage / mechanic in and around London (preferably WEST side) that understands 4.8is engines?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Mechanics

Post by graemeX5 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:00 am

Hi

I would recommend that you give Jason a call at BWCHIPTUNE he an ex BMW tech and has a garage in Hayes and is a BMW Indy and does a lot of remapping on cars also.

Link here as could put copy details

http://xdrivers.co.uk/forum/index.php/t ... 311.0.html

Very good and knowledgeable.
Graeme
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

centurion

Post by centurion » Thu May 18, 2017 9:48 am

[quote="graemeX5"]
Hi

I would recommend that you give Jason a call at BWCHIPTUNE he an ex BMW tech and has a garage in Hayes and is a BMW Indy and does a lot of remapping on cars also.

Link here as could put copy details

http://xdrivers.co.uk/forum/index.php/t ... 311.0.html

Very good and knowledgeable.
Graeme
[/quote]

Cheers Graeme... i will give him a buzz over the weekend.

The thing is that my iS drives absolutely fine at speeds over 30mph. However i feel that at idle it does not quite operate as smoothly as my other one did few years back...I suspect that it looses one of the cylinders intermittently so it could be a simple sparks snd coil replacement. Need someone who knows them engines to properly inspect it.

Ta

Nat

Post by Nat » Thu May 18, 2017 2:33 pm

Call Phil at cpc performance engineering.

http://www.cpcpe.com/

He's the only person I will allow to touch my M5.

Pinewood

Post by Pinewood » Thu May 18, 2017 7:32 pm

I always take my BM's to K&M autotechnics in Windsor. Ex BMW tech's and know there stuff
F25 x30d M Sport Lci. Prof Media/Nav, adaptive xenons,ext storage,lights package, 19" Staggered 622M alloys.

Smeeagain
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Smeeagain » Fri May 19, 2017 11:15 am

[quote="centurion"]
Could anyone recommend a decent garage / mechanic in and around London (preferably WEST side) that understands 4.8is engines?

Cheers

[/quote]

Definitely Jason at BWChiptune - he posts regular on here in the performance section. He has, or had a 4.8 that he did standing quarters in, in something stupid like 6 seconds. I remember watching the video on youtube. I'm not saying that is what you need but he knows those engines inside out

Smee