Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

light problem

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
storminmike
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re:

Post by storminmike » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:31 pm

[quote=""nando999""]Hi Turks, I'm an impatient person so wanted it right away. Found a place in the midlands but wanted £55 for the LED bulbs, told them where to put it and ordered it from HID Direct.

I've taken the driver side bulb out and it looks considerably smaller than the LED replacement, will it fit without modification?

Thanks,
Nando999[/quote]

If the new ones look like this then yes they fit perfectly....the old ones are shorter but there is room inside, twist to fit.

Mine came with a cable but that wasn't needed....the connector went straight in the back....although it was a tough fit

mine wen bonkers at first as I tried the second one without the keys and one I fitted before (that did work....didn't) and the side light came on

Lesson....just plug the damn things in without overly messing....making sure plugs into back are well seated

Turn on and admire...

I bought these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LED-Marker-Angel- ... 5640cf2642

Turks
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re:

Post by Turks » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:23 am

[quote=""nando999""]Hi Turks, I'm an impatient person so wanted it right away. Found a place in the midlands but wanted £55 for the LED bulbs, told them where to put it and ordered it from HID Direct.

I've taken the driver side bulb out and it looks considerably smaller than the LED replacement, will it fit without modification?

Thanks,
Nando999[/quote]

Yes mate, if you have bought the marker lights from HID's Direct then the Holder should be practically the same as the OEM and therefore just be a direct replacement. The LED centre is bigger than the BA9S bulb in the OEM holder so don't worry...

Turks.
Present:
2018 (18) F85 X5M - Donnington Grey

Past:
2014 (14) F10 M5 - Monte Carlo Blue
2004 (54) E53 X5 4.8is - Sapphire Black

Rick

Re: light problem

Post by Rick » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:16 pm

I replaced mine with LEDS from hids direct,bought of ebay £32 approx,they are also a straight swap although they do look different
2004 4.8is Le Mans Blue
Mods,Speaker upgrade to JL Audio C5 650 CSI Comps,Pioneer TS-WX77A subwoofer,Lazer Pro Park.

AbelStrickland

Re: light problem

Post by AbelStrickland » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:12 am

[quote="robo"]
hi all this morning had in info center message ,check park lights, looked round n/s/f angel eyes not working but indicator on[not flashing]put headlights on indicator goes out as normal,could it be just the led light in the angel eye,is there only one?and is it a special type or something i could get from a local factor as always thanks for any ideas
[/quote]
I have faced similar problem earlier and it is mainly due to blown fuses.. Nothing serious
Last edited by AbelStrickland on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.