Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

headlight washer jet removal?

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
fenj66

headlight washer jet removal?

Post by fenj66 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:56 pm

hi guys, ive noticed my headlight jets are not working when i pull the wash stalk, im sure they used to come on for a quick blast when the windscreen was washed with headlights on?

anyhow, does anyone know how to remove the jets from the front bumper to give then a good clean out

i know there was an old link to spaghetticoder for this but that site looks dead now!
cheers!
05 stirling grey 3.0d Auto. mods - park heater, reverse cam, aux in

gazg60

Re: headlight washer jet removal?

Post by gazg60 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:23 pm

I had the same problem . Turned out that the pump filter in the washer bottle was completely blocked with a slimey gunge . Once cleaned and re-fitted it works fine . :)

jason1872

Post by jason1872 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:26 pm

The headlights don't get washed with every windscreen wash,think its every 1 in 5 or something like that.

fenj66

Post by fenj66 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Ive cleaned the gunk from the reservoir filters.  But still no luck with the head light jets.  I need to trace the water pipe from the pump to the jets and look for a problem.

fenj66

Post by fenj66 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:18 pm

well. i think ive found my problem, the pipe to the headlight jets appears to be leaking under the drivers side headlight.
unfortunatley i couldnt work out how to remove the headlight to gain access to the pipework under there.
i removed the 2x8mm top headlight screws and the 2x8mm bottom screws the headlight pulled forward about 4 inches but i couldnt get it free of the bodywork beyond that. any ideas folks??

X MAN

Post by X MAN » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:02 pm

[quote="fenj66"]
well. i think ive found my problem, the pipe to the headlight jets appears to be leaking under the drivers side headlight.
unfortunatley i couldnt work out how to remove the headlight to gain access to the pipework under there.
i removed the 2x8mm top headlight screws and the 2x8mm bottom screws the headlight pulled forward about 4 inches but i couldnt get it free of the bodywork beyond that. any ideas folks??
[/quote]

http://xdrivers.co.uk/forum/https://xdr ... ic.php?t=2

The pipework going to the washer jets may have worked loose ( it was on mine ).

Pic 7 in the link ( red arrow pointing to pipe ) may be your culprit . Unfortunately bumper off job
  or in your case remove all fixings and pull bumper slightly forward to gain access to the pipework,
  re attach pipe and push bumper back in place. No need to remove headlight.

05 X5 3.0d
Mods:H/s wheel.F/mirrors.Lumbar.Compass-remote r/v mirror.Rem ctrl.Bins holder.T90 Telestart.20"168's.Arches.Titan grills.Skid plate. P/O load floor.R/seat e/b/rest.R/blinds.H/rear seats.is r/bumper trim.chrome dials.car key mem.intravee.DSP.RV Cam.Dbl glazing.Ski bag,Rear blower