Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Is this ok

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
X MAN

Re: Is this ok

Post by X MAN » Thu May 29, 2014 2:06 pm

[quote="andyrad"]
seen this x5  http://www.premier-carcentrechorley.co. ... 4113256169 what you guys think is price right
[/quote]

@ andyrad spec list for car in the link

Vehicle information 

Type  Value
VIN  WBAFB52090XXXXXXX
Type code  FB52
Type  X5 4.4I (EUR)
E series  E53 ()
Series  X
Type  GEFZG
Steering  RL
Doors  5
Engine  N62
Displacement  4.40
Power  235
Drive  ALLR
Transmission  AUT
Colour  CARBONSCHWARZ METALLIC (416)
Upholstery  EXCLUSIVLEDER WALKNAPPA/SCHWARZ (V9SW)
Prod.date  2005-09-06

Options 

Code  Description (interface)  Description (EPC)

S1CAA  Selection of COP-relevant vehicles
S205A  Automatic transmission
S226A  Sports suspension settings
S230A  Extra package, EU-speciifc
S255A  Sports leather steering wheel
S2KDA  BMW light alloy wheel, V-spoke 168
S302A  Alarm system
S328A  Footplate, aluminium
P330A  Sports package
S354A  Windscreen, green-tinted upper strip
S386A  Roof railing
S402A  Panorama glass roof
S428A  Warning triangle and first aid kit
S431A  Interior mirror with automatic-dip
S441A  Smoker package

S459A  Seat adjustment, electric, with memory
S471A  Interior surface graphit-metallic
S481A  Sports seat
S494A  Seat heating driver/passenger
S502A  Headlight cleaning system
S508A  Park Distance Control (PDC)
S521A  Rain sensor
S601A  TV function
S609A  Navigation system Professional
S612A  BMW Assist
S633A  Preparation, mobile phone, Business
S692A  Preparation, BMW 6-CD changer I-bus
S761A  Individual sunshade glazing
S775A  Headlining anthracite
L812A  National version England / Ireland

S818A  Battery master switch
S840A  High speed synchronisation
S863A  Dealer List Europe
S877A  Omission of non-combined operation
S880A  On-board literature, English
S8SMA  Car ident. number visible from outside
S8SPA  Control unit COP
S925A  Dispatch protection pack
S926A  Spare wheel

Standard equipment 

S220A  Self-levelling suspension
S249A  Multifunction f steering wheel
S321A  Exterior parts in vehicle colour
S413A  Luggage compartment net
S442A  Drink holder
S522A  Xenon Light
S534A  Automatic air conditioning
S785A  White direction indicator lights
S853A  Language version, English
05 X5 3.0d
Mods:H/s wheel.F/mirrors.Lumbar.Compass-remote r/v mirror.Rem ctrl.Bins holder.T90 Telestart.20"168's.Arches.Titan grills.Skid plate. P/O load floor.R/seat e/b/rest.R/blinds.H/rear seats.is r/bumper trim.chrome dials.car key mem.intravee.DSP.RV Cam.Dbl glazing.Ski bag,Rear blower

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Thu May 29, 2014 3:47 pm

Not a bad spec at all.... :ok:

Ticks most of the boxes I would have had.  :)

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

kjb1

Post by kjb1 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:00 pm

abrasive opinions? lol im not being abrasive, Im just stating the truth.  Its old tech and no matter how many fancy words you use to dress it up , its still old tech and these days aftermarket nav units are far superior for obvious reasons hence the one in this e53 is probably better . 

Im not trying to ruffle feathers here, merely saying its very dated and not great user interface / instructions / graphics etc and to boot is very unreliable as mentioned.  Ive had a tom tom in the car for over 7 years which to this day has never let me down and is far better to use.

I would consider this x5 100% if I was looking for a petrol e53 !! that was the basis of my comments whole time.  Condor was putting it down needlessly over silly simplicities.  Which I felt were a tad ott. 

shadrack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by shadrack » Thu May 29, 2014 9:42 pm

[quote="kjb1"]
abrasive opinions? lol im not being abrasive, Im just stating the truth.  Its old tech and no matter how many fancy words you use to dress it up , its still old tech and these days aftermarket nav units are far superior for obvious reasons hence the one in this e53 is probably better . 

Im not trying to ruffle feathers here, merely saying its very dated and not great user interface / instructions / graphics etc and to boot is very unreliable as mentioned.  Ive had a tom tom in the car for over 7 years which to this day has never let me down and is far better to use.

I would consider this x5 100% if I was looking for a petrol e53 !! that was the basis of my comments whole time.  Condor was putting it down needlessly over silly simplicities.  Which I felt were a tad ott.
[/quote]

have to admit that for once i agree with you in that oem nav makes little to no difference at all now, these cars are at best 8 yrs old, and as stated the modules are starting to go wrong etc and the car looks pretty good and late v8s are pretty rare
current: 2016 Vw Crafter
              2007 318d touring
              2008 Transit sport van            
              1964 vw beach buggy
              1988 e30 325i convertible

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AW8 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:47 pm

I would happily buy an E53 without factory NAV but I personally don't regard the factory offering as dire. I still run a Mk3....granted it doesn't have real time arrival, re-routing for delays, safety camera alerts or even birds eye view but it usually gets me where I want to go.

We also have a modern, (18 month old), Garmin in the household with lifetime updates and which supposedly responds to live traffic...........It's okay, I don't think it looks stunning graphically, it can make mistakes and has sent us in circles more than the BMW NAV. 

If I want a proper alternative route idea I still carry a decent road atlas. 

Oh and fwiw I am usually positively motivated by an advert by someone who seems to understand the goods for sale. That said I would happily buy a keeper from a less informed seller if the sale price was right for the car concerned.

Buying a 3.0i or 3.0d without nav is fine but from recollection I have seen a few V8's absent of the kit take longer to sell &/or sellers have to reduce price when other equipped cars have sold for more asking money...........I accept as the technology gets older it may be less of an issue but many used buyers still like to see a nice screen, factory NAV and if so digitally equipped a TV that works. Boys, ( & girls ) like Toys............(even old Toys).

I would not reject a car without factory NAV but IMHO, if there were two identical cars for the same money...........one with factory NAV, one without, (ready & waiting for a portable NAV), then I am certain the factory NAV car would be chosen by most potential buyers.
Last edited by AW8 on Thu May 29, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

kjb1

Post by kjb1 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:03 pm

best nav I've ever used in every way possible was in the wife's Zafira, which I fitted with a replica Nav head unit running iGo software.  It was simply brilliant!!

Shadrack I appreciate the efforts :)

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:06 pm

[quote="kjb1"]

[/quote]

I agree with Richard about the abrasive tone of your comments - obviously, its only your opinion that is correct it seems.  Actually, we are amazingly all entitled to our opinions whether you happen to like that or not.  OP asked for advice and everyone is entitled to provide it without being needlessly set upon by you or anyone else.  So what if the nav is "old tech"?  The car is pretty old too, in keeping with its old tech nav,  for all the reasons that Richard gave in his post. My point is, the nav works, its functional, not the latest tech but it integrates with the dash system which no aftermarket unit does. The user interface is perfectly easy when you have used it a few times, and mine was perfectly reliable until the laser packed up a week ago and the unit replaced under warranty - car is 9 years old, so thats pretty good going.    The graphics are likewise perfectly functional - i tend not to view a sat navs graphics as a movie alternative, so provided they are clear and accurate, thats enough for me.
Comparing a new technology TomTom with the 9 year old BMW OEM nav is hardly a like for like comparison - its an option for anyone to be able to use a TomTom whatever car they are in. 

I would probably not consider this car given the state of the drivers seat bolster, as that tends to show a heavily used car up easily, but if it ticked all the other boxes on my list, I would go and see it at least if it were within reasonable distance.  The seller really did not describe it very well -the spec shows it has the Comms Pack, it would have been easy enough to describe it correctly.  If they can't be bothered to describe it correctly, as professional car sellers, then I do wonder what else about the "preparation" has been equally haphazard.
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

kjb1

Post by kjb1 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:16 pm

"Oh Richard, I really agree with you, he is so abrasive" Lol!! brilliant.  Cant even be bothered to respond to your drivel on Sellers this sellers that , my 4.8is this, my 4.8is that! My opinion this, my opinion that!!

ITS MY OPINION.  Same as yours, Ive stated nothing other than that, nor tried to force my opinions on you ( unlike yourself, telling me to sell my car and buy a new one if I don't like it ). 

You say I cannot compare it to current tech, well truth is, you can compare it.  The market is there, available , and accessible to anyone who wants current tech in their car.  So yes you can compare, because its a case of living with a ZX Spectrum or a PS4.  Quite simple.

Once again, my opinion.....And yours, which I stated earlier may I add.

kjb1

Post by kjb1 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:18 pm

A worn bolster....for the record is not a sign of a heavily used or abused car, it is simply a sign of a possible lard arse sliding across bolster rather than raising themselves in and out of car.

A car with a million miles on but a complete ectomorph of an owner could easily hide its abuse based on that theory.

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AW8 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:56 pm

Okay since my last post ( which some may have missed as multi members posted at similar time), I would comment as follows.................

Re the spec I would simply check with BMW UK. It may be the case as others indicated that the seller has simply done a cut/paste of the standard spec without options............I suggest the normal text is cut/paste or completed with all make used car advertising software. The Caps lock text is obviously that which was added by the seller free text.......Remember NAV wasn't standard on the 4.4i or the 4.6is for that matter.

Furthermore........................It has Nappa seats which are softer than Dakota and a costly upgrade option on V8's where Dakota leather was standard. The leather has sagged a little but I have seen this on other Nappa cars sold at main dealers and without starship mileage.

The tax on the car is top band suggesting it was registered after the 23/3/06 so £500 a year..........that would concern me as many later buying a car sub £10k wont want to pay £500 p/a or to worry re selling it in 2 years time.

As for MPG the 320HP facelift 4.4i is actually on paper the best of all V8 E53 X5's MPG wise......actually better than the 3.0i. 

The mileage is a little high for a 2006 car but tbh I would buy on condition spec trim and history.

On positive note it has Carbon Black paint - some adore this..........and heated seats in the front.

It is running on Accelera Iota tyres............that means potentially the last seller maybe also scrimped a bit or perhaps the dealer maybe bought cheap or part worn  so the rubber was legal. If wanting to put a new set of quality brand, 20 inch rubber on there wont be much change from a grand or more.

Aero type wipers indicate someone has been prepared to spend more than the cheapest price for some consumables in the past.

Hope the above of some interest........and goes some way to taking the focus a little away from NAV debate.

Looking at their other stuff the 635d is interesting, they have a 330d touring and for £4k a TT quattro with DSG for those brave enough for that box at 120k miles.

Anyway all the above may be irrelevant as I cant see posts here from Andyrad since the debating started ;)
Last edited by AW8 on Thu May 29, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AW8 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:23 pm

[quote="andyrad"]
What r these like on fuel only do about 100 miles a week
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
[/quote]

Official figures.........Urban 15.5mpg/Extra Urban 27.7 mpg/Combined 21.6 mpg

Expect near 30mpg on a legal speed run, 24-25 average taking it very easy if all well.

Deduct 20% from official figures if giving it beans or if using it for short 10 min trips............My V8 takes a while to warm up. Not sure if the facelift valvetronic is better in this regard.

44........A member on here from old ran a facelift 4.4i for many years and reported good mpg relatively speaking. 

Oh and watch out for pano roof issues.......costly to properly fix, (not pulled the thread apart so apologies if this has been mentioned).
Last edited by AW8 on Thu May 29, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

briankerrys47

Post by briankerrys47 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:45 pm

How can any of us know :noexpression: we are from all over the globe re Sat/Nav if you payed attention at school why want a S/N  8)

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AW8 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:54 am

briankerrys 47.............

I am sorry but I do not fully understand the last post...........Please expand or clarify.

Ironically & in relation to the "attention at school" reference...........The correct word to use is "paid" not "payed"

:)
Last edited by AW8 on Fri May 30, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Denis O

Post by Denis O » Fri May 30, 2014 11:11 am

[quote="briankerrys47"]
if you payed attention at school )
[/quote]

Oh, the delicious irony.
06 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC
05 Mercedes SL350

Denis O

Post by Denis O » Fri May 30, 2014 11:13 am

[quote="kjb1"]
"Oh Richard, I really agree with you, he is so abrasive" Lol!! brilliant.  Cant even be bothered to respond to your drivel on Sellers this sellers that , my 4.8is this, my 4.8is that! My opinion this, my opinion that!!

ITS MY OPINION.  Same as yours, Ive stated nothing other than that, nor tried to force my opinions on you ( unlike yourself, telling me to sell my car and buy a new one if I don't like it ). 

You say I cannot compare it to current tech, well truth is, you can compare it.  The market is there, available , and accessible to anyone who wants current tech in their car.  So yes you can compare, because its a case of living with a ZX Spectrum or a PS4.  Quite simple.

Once again, my opinion.....And yours, which I stated earlier may I add.
[/quote]

I get a feeling of deja vu here.
06 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC
05 Mercedes SL350