Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Baby D is coming...

Non BMW X-Series related discussion
Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Baby D is coming...

Post by Raj » Sun May 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Huge congrats Jig. Very nice indeed.

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Sun May 05, 2013 10:42 pm

[quote="Raj"]
[/quote]
Thanks buddy.
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Sun May 05, 2013 10:43 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
Full sunlight on front left quarter.....sky clear blue and lights clearly visible.  No playing with the exposure settings.

[/quote]
Thanks. So new 1'er got this led brow light and the temp on that def looks more 4350 putting my order in now.
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Mon May 06, 2013 10:43 pm

[quote="jeegnesh"]

[quote="Raj"]
[/quote]
Thanks buddy.
[/quote]

Hopefully head down London way soonish so maybe hook up as I'd like to take a look at it (interpret that as drive....LOL)

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Tue May 07, 2013 10:50 am

[quote="Raj"]
[quote="jeegnesh"]

[quote="Raj"]
[/quote]
Thanks buddy.
[/quote]

Hopefully head down London way soonish so maybe hook up as I'd like to take a look at it (interpret that as drive....LOL)
[/quote]
Weather is awful here mate  :))

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Tue May 07, 2013 10:53 am

So 200 miles in, and this breaking in is so frustrating. The car feels great, very much go-kart feel to it, think it's going to be alot of fun once I don't have to babysit the accelerator.

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Tue May 07, 2013 10:57 am

[quote="X5Sport"]
What's the rear leg room like?

Richard
[/quote]
Sorry I missed this one.  Leg Room is actually pretty decent, governed very heavily by how you position the front seats, and I don't mean having to push them to the front, lets just say you can get enough legroom for an average height adult in the back if you position thefront seat correctly, they will still fit if you don't but they won't be able to move.  For a pair of kids in the back, no issues at all. Little girl loves it she says she feels like she's in a tent (expensive tent).

Chompers
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Chompers » Tue May 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Hey Jig, just back from the weekend and catching up on here. The 1er looks very nice  8) CB suits the car and very nice with the Sport+ blue stiching.

As for the running in, if I'm honest, I would bother too much. Clearly you don't want to rag the thing to the redline from cold but once its warm just drive the car  :drive: the more you drive and use the engine through out the rev ragnge now the better it will be down the line.
Current
09/59 e61 520d MSport Touring Business ED - Platinum Grey / Cream Beige Leather
Previous
06/06 e53 X5 4.4i V8 Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Nappa Leather

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Tue May 07, 2013 5:17 pm

[quote="Chompers"]
Hey Jig, just back from the weekend and catching up on here. The 1er looks very nice  8) CB suits the car and very nice with the Sport+ blue stiching.

As for the running in, if I'm honest, I would bother too much. Clearly you don't want to rag the thing to the redline from cold but once its warm just drive the car  :drive: the more you drive and use the engine through out the rev ragnge now the better it will be down the line.
[/quote]
Oh man and as regards how far to depress the accelerator?

Chompers
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Chompers » Tue May 07, 2013 5:25 pm

[quote="jeegnesh"]

[quote="Chompers"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Press it as hard as you wish with out the 'kick down' as its auto also use the 'S' option to extend the shift point. As long as the engine has warmed up then of you go. The only thing to avoid is full and constant throttle through all the gears in the first 1000 miles. However in reality this is quite hard in the 23d as you'll be the wrong side of the limit pretty quickly  ;)
Current
09/59 e61 520d MSport Touring Business ED - Platinum Grey / Cream Beige Leather
Previous
06/06 e53 X5 4.4i V8 Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Nappa Leather

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Just flicking through and doing a bit of catching up Jig....very nice mate  :)
But the one thing in this post that caught my eye wasn't all the lovely pics of the car but the fact that you apologised for not cleaning it  :lol: :rofl: some things never change ehh!!!
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Tue May 07, 2013 8:49 pm

[quote="x555"]
Just flicking through and doing a bit of catching up Jig....very nice mate  :)
But the one thing in this post that caught my eye wasn't all the lovely pics of the car but the fact that you apologised for not cleaning it  :lol: :rofl: some things never change ehh!!!
[/quote]
You know me to well  :) Been trying to figure out for days who's gonna do a better job the car cleaners or me, hmmmm, I would guess me during the nice weather after that  ???  However I have found a cleaning place that does snow foam, 2 bucket wash and still charge the same as the local who uses the same water and bucket all day.

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Tue May 07, 2013 8:52 pm

[quote="Chompers"]
[quote="jeegnesh"]

[quote="Chompers"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Press it as hard as you wish with out the 'kick down' as its auto also use the 'S' option to extend the shift point. As long as the engine has warmed up then of you go. The only thing to avoid is full and constant throttle through all the gears in the first 1000 miles. However in reality this is quite hard in the 23d as you'll be the wrong side of the limit pretty quickly  ;)
[/quote]
Your not wrong there, funny that had a fair number of quick motors and this isn't one of them stats wise, but it feels like alot more fun, some of the other you had to push the rev's way up there, whereas this has the power down low and all the way through, now to keep my clean licence clean and reach 1,000miles, only 770 to go.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue May 07, 2013 9:31 pm

[quote="jeegnesh"]
However I have found a cleaning place that does snow foam, 2 bucket wash and still charge the same as the local who uses the same water and bucket all day.
[/quote]

'Sanj's Car Wash' by any chance?......... :))
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Tue May 07, 2013 10:47 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
[quote="jeegnesh"]
However I have found a cleaning place that does snow foam, 2 bucket wash and still charge the same as the local who uses the same water and bucket all day.
[/quote]

'Sanj's Car Wash' by any chance?......... :))
[/quote]
I've been telling him to go into that business for ages.