Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

3.0d exhaust

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
DevonX5

Re: 3.0d exhaust

Post by DevonX5 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:28 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry I forgot to reply - no excuse at all!!!

Yep we did a bit of bartering and he came down to £290 all in - quite a nice bloke really. Only problem was he gave me dates and times that he would be able to do it and I am working away at present :roll: Hopefully he will let me have the quote when I get home

Worth holding on as you advised - nice one :thumbsup:

AldoG420

Post by AldoG420 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:22 am

[quote=""DevonX5""]I emailed longlife in Thornbury and they replied;

Hello Mark,
Thanks for the opportunity!
 LONGLIFE STAINLESS STEEL TWIN BACK BOXES (WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY) for your BMW X5 3.0L D (2004/05) WOULD be:
£329 including fitting & VAT*
After Feb 29 price rises to £379 (!)
Cannot be combined with any other discount.
* The £290 price was a one-time offer so we could cost the job internally.
We have moved to the Thornbury Industrial Estate. Please note our new address and phone number:
16B Walker Way
Thornbury, Bristol BS35 3US
01454 501439

I informed them that they had carried out a couple of fittments at the circa £290 mark but not sure if you guys paid VAT on top of this.

Not sure if im going to bother now as I'm not a fan of "get it now before the price goes up" gag! :x[/quote]

Hey guys, after reading ur comments about exhaust I emailed longlife and that s Wat I got from them Image

pvw10

Post by pvw10 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:28 am

Hi there, no, no vat on top.

I couldnt find anybody else unless i spent 4 hours in the car, even the newer price is good value for the parts, 4 hours and finished affect i think (the £329.00 not the £499.00 something wrong with this price).
Cheers
Paul
3.0d Sport. Xenons,Tv/sat,Blinds,DVD Headrests,sidesteps,mudflaps,DSP,Walnut trim,softer leather,heated seats,remap,automatic,Oval exhaust upgrade, death ray and rockets.
Previous car; E46 M3 Convertible SMG.