Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

F25 Sat Nav Routing, White line for the routing, BMW really?

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
sharpharp

F25 Sat Nav Routing, White line for the routing, BMW really?

Post by sharpharp » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:36 am

Anyone know how to change the Map Colour on the Pro Sat Nav? When you pick a route, the piece of **** uses White to line your route, you can't even make out the route, because the background and other roads are white as well.

So this is rather annoying, I've ended up using the Sat Nav on my phone instead.

Were BMW really that dumb to choose this colour scheme? I've looked in the options/settings and can't find any way of changing it.

Any ideas guys?

Nat

Re: F25 Sat Nav Routing, White line for the routing, BMW really?

Post by Nat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:48 am

+1 on this. I find exactly the same issue. Stupid design.

Winslet

Post by Winslet » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:05 pm

Try navigation then settings and there is a map style of standard or alternative.  I have changed to the alternative option which makes the background green and the roads are a lot clearer.

Hope that helps.

sharpharp

Post by sharpharp » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:58 am

Yoh Winslet,

Thanks for the info, managed to find it in the Info section. The fields are now dark grey, as well as the local roads, but at least the route (still white) is easy to see.

Whoever thought of these "Classic" and "Alternative" skins for their Maps, needs a slap round the chops with a psychedelic paint brush.