Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Floor mats with a difference

General car related chat
Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Floor mats with a difference

Post by Sanj » Mon May 08, 2017 7:47 pm

OK so how would these work? Your grubby paws all over brand new leather mats????

They look great and not vastly over-priced but I can't see how they're at all practical???
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Floor mats with a difference

Post by X5Sport » Mon May 08, 2017 8:01 pm

What were you looking for in leatherwear to discover these.... >:D

Looks iffy - but that just be lack of care.  Website is dreadful and the address incomplete with about 100 homes in the road, making returns a challenge.

But then I'm just the suspicious sort......
Last edited by X5Sport on Tue May 09, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Colin

Post by Colin » Mon May 08, 2017 10:12 pm

Oh..... i like !    but would be a shame to dirty them
05 , 30d Le Mans Blue Sport

Imy

Post by Imy » Tue May 09, 2017 3:04 pm

These are very popular on the facebook groups. quite a few companies offering them.

Personally, I don't like them at all and agreed, no idea how you would keep them clean? Almost looks like a desi house rule application - shoes off before entering!

pcdee

Post by pcdee » Wed May 10, 2017 7:51 am

[quote="Imy"]
These are very popular on the facebook groups. quite a few companies offering them.

Personally, I don't like them at all and agreed, no idea how you would keep them clean? Almost looks like a desi house rule application - shoes off before entering!
[/quote]
Lol.....Desi house rule......so true

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
X5 E70 3.0D SE

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by graemeX5 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:05 am

Hi

I think it's okay if you have a valeter as the cleaning your car as it would be there prob  :))

On a Bentley It would probably be okay, but given all the different applications most X5's have to perform from trips to the tip and holidays, walks in the country with muddy boots etc I think they are not very practical.

Although I guess leather is hard wearing and you could always try polish or apply dubbing or or waterproof spray to them.
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

kenniff

Post by kenniff » Wed May 10, 2017 9:47 am

[quote="graemeX5"]
Hi

I think it's okay if you have a valeter as the cleaning your car as it would be there prob  :))

On a Bentley It would probably be okay, but given all the different applications most X5's have to perform from trips to the tip and holidays, walks in the country with muddy boots etc I think they are not very practical.

Although I guess leather is hard wearing and you could always try polish or apply dubbing or or waterproof spray to them.
[/quote]

...or stick some clear plastic protection over the top, y'know like you get for sofas.... Yep, that would look really classy!
Current: M50i arctic grey (G05)
Previous: RRS P400 HST, F15 M50d,F15 30d Msport, E70 35d Msport, 530i, Boxster, 330Ci Sport Vectra GSi, Chevrolet Lumina, Vxl Astras

It'll be allright in the end. If it isn't allright it isn't the end

RickUK

Post by RickUK » Wed May 10, 2017 9:59 am

Those mats in the pictures they do look super sexy but in practical use they would be about as much use as a 'Inflatable Dartboard'   :) they would never show you pictures of them after a while and how they have stood upto the everyday use that mats get in a car.
2006 '56 BMW X5 D M SPORT LE-MANS EDITION

http://www.hideones.info