Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Items missing from car spec? F15 7 seater?

Secret X driver

Items missing from car spec? F15 7 seater?

Post by Secret X driver » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:21 pm

Hi all, newbie here from the UK, followed the site for quite some time now and have to say very interesting reading and topics from all on the site. As the title hints I'm just wondering if any other members have noticed items missing from the spec of their cars compared to what you thought you would get as per the company website and configuration for the uk market cars? In particular for new model current cars? Can't post pics at the moment as need to stay anonymous! All may become clear in time....... To be continued!

Don Coffey
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Items missing from car spec? F15 7 seater?

Post by Don Coffey » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:52 pm

Hi and welcome,

I assume the reason for secrecy is due to legal action.  If so could you not even give folk an idea of what you have found missing to allow current owners to have look?

Anyway all the best with what evers going on, looking forward to hearing all about it.

Don

Secret X driver

Post by Secret X driver » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi there, sorry not the issue as legal action could never be an option for reasons I can't put in this forum! Mores the pity but it just won't happen unless we had a serious lotto win ! The issue is what is not present when you spec the near £1000 option of the rear 7 seat option on the current X5. Quite a detailed description on the UK website that details items that are not there, when asked about the issue it was just a hollow apology and hide behind the disclaimer ! SXD

Darnicmax

Post by Darnicmax » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi
I have a new F15 with the 7 seat option. I've not used them yet (they've not even been pulled up from the boot floor). Can I check anything for you to see if my build differs from yours?

jonsteele

Post by jonsteele » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:11 pm

I've a F15 with 7 seats too. Not knowing what you think is missing is making this thread difficult!

Sent from the dark side by the power of the force!!

allforus

Post by allforus » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:38 pm

True would like too know if I have something missing also

Just write it up
X5 F15 30d msport
5 series g31 20d

Secret X driver

Post by Secret X driver » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi guys here is the info that is still on the UK website right now! Have a look and I guess you won't find them just like I couldn't ! SXD

The passengers at the very back also have their own light sources, as well as practical storage options: mesh bags on the left and right above the armrests make efficient use of the space

Err no they don't , come on BMW UK you should be doing better!

jonsteele

Post by jonsteele » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:24 pm

I had a feeling that's what you were going to say. Ours doesn't have them either (or rear cup holders). As we bought it used (ex demo), I'm not going to witter. However, I agree with you, if it's advertised it should be there, and they shouldn't be hiding behind small print.

Sent from the dark side by the power of the force!!