Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

TP Volume...scares the hell out of me each time a traffic announcement is made!!!

Darnicmax

TP Volume...scares the hell out of me each time a traffic announcement is made!!!

Post by Darnicmax » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:17 pm

When I have TP activated, any Traffic Announcement comes through at such at high volume its downright dangerous!!

I have checked the manual, and I turn the volume down whilst the Traffic broadcast is underway but sure enough, next time I am in the car in 'resets' itself to what appears to be a default (high!) volume level.....

Is anyone aware of a way in which the volume level for any Traffic broadcast (regardless of broadcasting station) can be set to a more reasonable (lower!) volume setting and stay that way, permanently?!!

kenniff

Re: TP Volume...scares the hell out of me each time a traffic announcement is made!!!

Post by kenniff » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:49 pm

There's a setting in the Idrive for adjusting the default volume. Turning it down each time it comes on will not affect this. To be honest I cant remember where the setting is exactly but I've come across it more than once.
I'll have a look tonight and post back.
Current: M50i arctic grey (G05)
Previous: RRS P400 HST, F15 M50d,F15 30d Msport, E70 35d Msport, 530i, Boxster, 330Ci Sport Vectra GSi, Chevrolet Lumina, Vxl Astras

It'll be allright in the end. If it isn't allright it isn't the end

kenniff

Re: TP Volume...scares the hell out of me each time a traffic announcement is made!!!

Post by kenniff » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:36 pm

I couldv'e sworn I'd seen this in the Idrive - but of course when I looked at the weekend I could find no sign of it: just the PDC volume and "warning gong". Live and learn :blink:
Current: M50i arctic grey (G05)
Previous: RRS P400 HST, F15 M50d,F15 30d Msport, E70 35d Msport, 530i, Boxster, 330Ci Sport Vectra GSi, Chevrolet Lumina, Vxl Astras

It'll be allright in the end. If it isn't allright it isn't the end