Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth fix....

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Roy2593

Bluetooth fix....

Post by Roy2593 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:24 am

Hi all,

As many of you are aware I have had a problem with my Bluetooth system in my X. When I tried to pair up my phone as per instructions nothing happened! When the pairing button was pressed under the Centre arm rest nothing happened.
I tried everything, even disconnected the BT module in the boot and tried all the different pairing sequences. I was told to check the connection under the phone cradle in the arm rest as the connectors sometime work themselves loose.

I took the cradle apart and low and behold the white connector had come from its location. If you have the same problem then here are some pics of the connector and its location.

Pull the cradle out of the arm rest by placing 2 credit cards either side of the cradle situated more at the back and pull the cradle up, it will have a cable attached ti it so be carefull. There will be 4 torx screws underneath the cradle, undo these and watch out for 2 springs, its ok if they come off,its obvious where they go back. Seperate the front and the back and you will see the cable in there which is supposed to be connected to a green circuit board, this had disconnected.

After seperating the front and back :

White connector attaches to the green circuit board:

Connector attached:

The connector comes out quite easily so I stuck the wires down with srtong tape to stop it coming out(not in pic). Replace everything and test by trying to pair your phone!

Hope this will be of some use to someone in the future!

Roy.

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Bluetooth fix....

Post by Sanj » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:44 am

Hi Roy,

Think this is a great fix - belongs in the 'How To' I reckon - VERY useful.

Sorry to hear no one mentioned the connector - I had read some forum members had discovered the same. Hopefully your thread should help avoid this in the future.

Top man! :thumbsup:
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:54 am

Nice one Roy :thumbsup: every little bit of knowledge helps us keep these beasts working well.
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

RichardP

Post by RichardP » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:24 pm

The white connector on my eject box was loose, it was only charging intermittently untill I connected it properly. Interestingly, when I got the full warranty history for the car, the ULF had been replaced twice due to "failure to charge phone".

ArthurSleep

Post by ArthurSleep » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:05 pm

Digging up an old thread here but just wanted to give thanks to the original poster.  :bow:

Thanks to the great post & accompanying pictures my iPhone 4 is fully synced & working with my new E53.

Another example of how great this forum is.  :thumbup:

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:39 am

[quote="ArthurSleep"]

Digging up an old thread here but just wanted to give thanks to the original poster.  :bow:

Thanks to the great post & accompanying pictures my iPhone 4 is fully synced & working with my new E53.

Another example of how great this forum is.  :thumbup:
[/quote]

It's always a good feeling to fix a nagging issue.