Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BWchiptune Xconsole E53 OBD Flasher for Xdrivers.co.uk

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
jason@bwchiptune

Post by jason@bwchiptune » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Here is the BWchiptune xconsole OBD Flasher for Xdrivers.co.uk

This is a professional system for remapping cars and is used by many tuning companys around the world
it is nice and easy to use and will save the trip to us for those of you that are to far away or from a different part of the world

1,Instal the xconsole sofware on your pc,
2,Connect via usb,
3,Pick the car you want to read(or we can set this when we send it),
4,Connect the xconsole OBD flasher to the cars obd socket,
5,Then follow the on screen instructions,to id and read ecu
6,Then reconnect to the pc,it will then save your file on your pc,
7,Email this to me at info@bwchiptune,
8,I will then make the mods to your cars own ecu maps for power or more mpg or both
9,i will email you the mod file back to you
10,Up load this mod file to the xconsole OBD flasher and then connect to the car,follow instructions to flash remap mod to the car

You can then use the xconsole OBD flasher to flash back to orignal file any time
The xconsole OBD flasher can upload your mod or orignal files as many times as you like,The orignal will aways be held on the xconsole OBD flasher
If you sell your car you can flash the car back to orignal and reset the xconsole OBD flash to the new car,will need to buy a new mod file for new car
The Xconsole OBD flasher will also read and clear fault codes on the engine's ecu for E53 3.0i & 3.0d
The xconsole OBD flasher is compatible only with Windows XP - Service Pack 3, Windows Vista and Windows 7

OPTION 1 FOR E53 X5 3.0I & 3.0D ONLY
Xconsole OBD flasher and 1 mod file will cost £395 +p+p
Xconsole OBD flasher and 2 mod files(ie power and eco mods)will cost £445 +p+p

List of other vehicles xconsole OBD flasher can be used on HERE

XDRIVERS OFFER FOR TILL 30/4/11 WE WILL DISCOUNT THE XCONSOLE OBD FLASHER BY £50 PER UNIT

FOR E53 X5 3.0I & 3.0D ONLY
Xconsole OBD flasher and 1 mod file will cost £355 +p+p
Xconsole OBD flasher and 2 mod files(ie power and eco mods)will cost £395 +p+p

OPTION 2 E53 REMAP OFFER FOR £250 , SYSTEM TO FLASH YOUR CAR AND RETURN FLASHER TO US AFTER REMAP FLASHED
FOR E53 X5 3.0I & 3.0D ONLY
The remap will cost £250 +p+p for the postage & package and we will need a deposit of £250 for the OBD flasher pro,This will allow you to remap your car any where in your own time!!

The deposit of £250 will be refunded on the return of the OBD flasher pro,so you will still get your remap at the BWchiptune Xdriver.co.uk forum price of £250 for E53 X5

for more info call jason on 0208 570 3600 or 07831 10 30 30
Last edited by jason@bwchiptune on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
PERFORMANCE TUNING REMAPS,DIAGNOSTICS,SERVICE & REPAIRS
TUNING DEALERS ACROSS THE UK
DYNO DYNAMICS ROLLING ROAD
http://www.bwchiptune.co.uk
http://www.bwautorepairs.co.uk

RichB

Re: BWchiptune Xconsole E53 OBD Flasher for Xdrivers.co.uk

Post by RichB » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:01 pm

Got mine in the post today, call you Monday!

jason@bwchiptune

Post by jason@bwchiptune » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:17 am

[quote=""RichB""]Got mine in the post today, call you Monday![/quote]

no problems i will talk you through the whole process,if you want me to ring you back just ring me and hang up,i will ring you back
it's very very easy to do even if you have never used a computor before,just read through the step by step instructions

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:22 pm

So Mr Cynical here, decided to go for this remap. Spoke to Jason a few months back and he said this would soon be available. I liked the idea – just pick it up and you can get on with the remap yourself, (didn’t fancy or have the 2-3 hour wait time to go to Jason to have him do it). You just need a PC with an internet connection too.

So, first impressions...

Took the unit home along with the install guide and it’s pretty straight forward to get started. The basic principle is that you use the tool to read your existing OEM ECU file. That gets read from the car and saved to the tool. Save it back off the tool to your PC and send it Jason. He then does the remap of your choice and sends you the file back out, all over email – no need for waiting times or visits to him (don’t want to see his ugly mug too many times)...

So I remapped the car yesterday (well he wrote the file) BUT I did the manual labour! So I did the remap! I went for a power and economy map.

My initial thoughts as follows:

1. The first thing I noticed was the throttle response, car is keener to move (if that makes sense) as soon as you use the same level of throttle you did before the map.

2. The gear changes, MUCH smoother. I had a 3rd gear reluctance to change (until beyond 2000 rpm at 20 to 30 mph) and that now seems to change earlier, Jason tells me he’s tweaked the gear changes with his maps).

3. Fuel economy may be a little early to report on but the range seems slower to drop.

4. I’ve had a lumpy cold start idle, that seems to have halved since the remap (again something Jason believes the remap would have helped with). Still to be investigated though. :(

So, Mr Cynical is a happy bunny with the initial experience. But I have the mapping tool and the beauty of this is I can revert back to the Original file and compare the maps. Another reason for choosing the tool is that Jason has added an Economy ‘only’ map (only trying it out) but again, something I can add at anytime! Ideal if you plan a mega trip, say to Europe! You can add it yourself in less than 5 minutes. Then come back and change to Power & Economy.

Being cautious I asked if we were within tolerances, I’m assured Jason’s maps are.

I also asked what to expect from my stock 3.0d E53 218bhp? I’m told 40bhp... :driving:

To anyone else considering a remap from Jason, you now have two options – go to him or use the tool. In both cases, the remap does seem to make a difference.

So far, so good! :thumbsup:
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

blingsta

Post by blingsta » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:33 pm

i keep saying it !!! but i will soon, when funds allow, get mine mapped too :D

Sanj.. with this thingy bobby youve got from Jason, can u add the same map onto any E53 3.0D ?

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:54 pm

[quote=""blingsta""]Sanj.. with this thingy bobby youve got from Jason, can u add the same map onto any E53 3.0D ?[/quote]

Haha - if that were the case - Jason would go out of business!

No, each mapping tool is locked to your car. The ECU original map you take off YOUR car is individual to your car and thus the remapped file that Jason gives you back is your original tweaked.

Just remember, to have the freedom of putting whatever map you want when it taks your fancy means you need to put a deposit down (which is only refundable if the tool is returned, working and undamaged).

I'll keep it until I decide which map I like best and then leave it at that and give Jason the tool back.
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

blingsta

Post by blingsta » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:03 am

aha... understood.. :D

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Quick update:

Standby what I said earlier. With my current Power and Eco map the car has improved on throttle response, smoother gear changes and poke! Fuel economy is a stable 28mpg (one injector out, so expect this is actually poor - will get Jason to take a look).

Can't remember who asked on the forum but still consider it a 'have' rather than 'not have'. :thumbsup:

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:30 pm

28 mpg at 50 mph ???? Not good ... :poke:
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:25 pm

OUCH! I was doing 56!

jason@bwchiptune

Post by jason@bwchiptune » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:53 pm

@ sanj worn injectors on a diesel is not good,it will be much better after after new injectors

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:11 pm

@Jason - show me the love! ;)

I need an Indian discount!

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Rusty » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:59 pm

[quote=""Sanj""]@Jason - show me the love! ;)

I need an Indian discount![/quote]

Feeling peckish Sanj?

Sent from my iPod device using Tapatalk
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

Bench

Post by Bench » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Would just like to add that Jason has mapped my Z and track car. He is basically a mapping god...no exageration. You will not be disspapointed with the results I can garuntee. He is also amazing at diagnosing niggles and issues, which before my track car was mapped there was a few.

jason@bwchiptune

Post by jason@bwchiptune » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:51 pm

[quote=""Sanj""]@Jason - show me the love! ;)

I need an Indian discount![/quote]
Come over and I will get bid Alan to give you a big hugg